Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The hero and heroine of 'Pride and Prejudice', Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet, didn't exactly hit it off straight away. How did they first meet?
2. The heroine of 'Sense and Sensibility', Elinor Dashwood, and her future husband, Edward Ferrars, were introduced because of a shared family relationship. How were they connected?
3. At the end of 'Persuasion', Anne Elliot married Captain Wentworth over eight years after they had initially become engaged. How had they first met?
4. Fanny Price met her cousin and future husband, Edmund Bertram, when she went to live with his family at the eponymous Mansfield Park. How old was Fanny when she first arrived in Mansfield?
5. Marianne Dashwood spent much of the events of 'Sense and Sensibility' madly in love with John Willoughby, but eventually married Colonel Brandon instead. How had she described the Colonel after their first meeting?
6. The wedding of Lieutenant George Wickham and Lydia Bennet in 'Pride and Prejudice' wasn't exactly a fairy tale as he only married her after being bribed to do so by Mr. Darcy. How did this unlikely and somewhat imprudent couple meet?
7. 'Northanger Abbey' told the story of Catherine Morland's first trip away from home and the development of her relationship with Henry Tilney. How did they meet?
8. In 'Mansfield Park', Julia Bertram unexpectedly eloped with the Honourable John Yates despite the fact that he had previously been an inconsequential character described by Austen as having "not much to recommend him beyond habits of fashion and expense". How had Julia first met Yates?
9. In 'Pride and Prejudice', Charlotte Lucas claimed to be "not romantic" and that marrying the pompous clergyman Mr. Collins achieved her main aim in marriage of securing a "comfortable home". How did she first come to his attention?
10. How did Mr. Knightley first meet his future wife Emma Woodhouse, the eponymous heroine of Jane Austen's 'Emma'?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.