Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. William Shakespeare was born in 1564 in which English town?
2. Shakespeare wrote a number of plays about English monarchs. Which one of the following did he NOT immortalise in verse?
3. Shakespeare wrote a play about two gentlemen from which Italian city?
4. In 1582, Shakespeare married which woman?
5. Which one of Shakespeare's plays is referred to by actors as the "Scottish Play"?
6. Which two eponymous characters from a Shakespeare play have the surnames Montague and Capulet?
7. Shakespeare didn't just write plays, he was a prolific poet as well. What name is given to the 14-line poems of which he wrote 154?
8. "The Moor of Venice" is the subtitle of which one of Shakespeare's tragedies?
9. Oberon, Titania, Peaseblossom and Mustardseed are all characters from which one of Shakespeare's comedies?
10. Some academics over the years have cast doubt as to whether Shakespeare actually wrote all the works credited to him. Which one of the following has NOT had his name put forward as a possible author of his plays?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.