Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the film, Melekhin is a lieutenant. In the book, what rank is he?
2. In the film, Executive Officer Vasily Borodin was shot and killed by Loginov (the GRU agent posing as a crewman). Who was Loginov's victim in the book?
3. What establishment does Bart Mancuso's father own?
4. At what age did Bart Mancuso kill his first deer?
5. In the book, Tupolev hung back after the fleet had returned to Russia. It was at this point that the encounter between Tupolev and Ramius occurred. What vessel did Tupolev initially think the Red October was?
6. In the book, which Soviet vessel died following a reactor meltdown?
7. IN THE BOOK: USS Dallas trailed Red October right from the start at Poliyarniy- True or False?
8. In the book, the Red October took a torpedo. Where?
9. In the book, Red October launched a nuclear missile. Why?
10. In which former Soviet Union country was Ramius born?
11. In the film, Red October was hidden in Penobscot river, near Searsport. In the book, where was she hidden?
12. What was the name, in the book, of Red October's final resting place?
13. Name the vessel which, in the book, accompanied the Dallas and the Red October into port.
14. Vasily Borodin would never be allowed his own command. Why?
15. What did the Americans call the caterpillar in the book?
Source: Author marko aleksandrovich
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.