Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. First frigate commanded by Ed Morris in "Red Storm Rising".
2. U.S. Coast Guard vessel playing key roles in the beginning and end of "Clear and Present Danger".
3. Ohio class ballistic missile sub sunk in "The Sum of All Fears".
4. Sturgeon class sub in "The Hunt for Red October".
5. Soviet barge carrying cargo ship central to the capture of Iceland in "Red Storm Rising".
6. Ironically, this ship ends up defending the U.S. coast while those one would expect to do that job are instead hunting for the "Red October".
7. "Red Storm Rising" aircraft carrier hit by two Soviet "Kingfish" missiles, causing 800 casualties.
8. In "Cardinal of the Kremlin" this Los Angeles class attack sub was pressed into service to safely remove the KGB Chairman's wife and daughter while he defected.
9. The lead ballistic missile sub of its class, she is about to be decommissioned. Instead, she is destroyed to make the non-defecting crew of the Red October believe Captain Ramius scuttled the October.
10. In "Debt of Honor" this Japanese destroyer, named after a Nagato-class dreadnaught battleship "accidentally" fires live weapons at two U.S. Navy carriers during an exercise.
Source: Author pointluck
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.