Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Chronologically, where in the series does "Red Rabbit" fit?
2. Jack's meeting with Dan Murray, the FBI's Legal Attaché in England, is their first ever meeting.
3. On which floor in 'The Centre' does Captain Zaitzev work?
4. Ed and Mary Pat Foley arrive in Moscow to take on the position of the CIA Chief-of-Station. What is Ed's cover job with the American Embassy?
5. With Jack and Cathy and family having settled into their new home in London, Jack begins his work as a liaison with British Intelligence. What is the name of the building where they are located?
6. Sir Basil Charleston, the head of British Intelligence, has a designation for his position, just like we see in James Bond Movies (M & Q, for example). What is Sir Basil's designation?
7. After his first day at work with the embassy in Moscow, Ed Foley got on the subway to return to the foreignor's compound. By happenstance, he and Zaitzev meet and strike up a conversation. What was their topic of conversation?
8. Zaitzev has the nickname 'zaitchik' for his daughter Svetlana. What does it translate as?
9. Who is the Soviet government planning to assassinate, that it drove Zaitzev to defection?
10. To carry out their assassination plot, the Russians elicit the services of the State Security Service of this eastern-bloc country.
11. The Russians' eastern-bloc intermediary, Buboyov's man Colonel Strokov, contracts the actual assassination out to Muslim extremists in this country.
12. Zaitzev and the Foleys have a number of 'meetings' as the plans for his defection are worked out. The plan calls for Zaitzev to take vacation time with his family in Hungary. How do they plan to travel there?
13. As an intelligence analyst, Jack Ryan is not normally expected or required to go into the 'field.' When the CIA Chief of Station for Budapest is compromised, however, Jack must fill in as a CIA representative on the joint British/American operation. What is the Chief of Station's name?
14. To protect the operation, Jack has to lie to Cathy about where he is going. What city in Germany does Jack tell her he is going to?
15. The plan to extract Zaitzev and his family involved faking their deaths. In order to do this, they must acquire three bodies to leave as evidence of death by fire. Where does the first body become 'available'?
16. On the night of the 'accidental fire' that supposedly takes the lives of the Zaitzev family, Oleg, Irina and their little zaichik spend the evening at a performance by the Hungarian State Railroad Orchestra #1 under the guest direction of Jozsef Rozsa. Who is the featured composer for the concert?
17. When crossing the border into Yugoslavia, with Jack and the Zaitzev's hidden in boxes in the back of their truck, a bribe is paid to the border guard. What gets them across?
18. After flying back to England, the debriefing of Captain Zaitzev begins. Through the information gleaned from him, Ryan is able to pass on information to his superiors at Langley that begins the process on catching a Russian spy in Washington, D.C. What is the codename of this spy?
19. Once again, Jack charges off into the 'field.' This time to try to organize some defense against the planned Soviet assassination attempt. Including Jack, how many men are involved in scanning the crowd to watch for Colonel Strokov, whom they believe will make the attempt?
20. Does Strokov manage to shoot his target?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.