Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who were the four major stars of the film?
2. Whom did Otto assume was Belgian (until Wanda set him straight)?
3. When Otto and Wanda visit George in prison, Otto asks George, 'Who squealed? Was it Kevin Delaney?' Who is Kevin Delaney?
4. Each time that Ken attempts to do away with Mrs. Coady, he manages only to kill one of her dogs. This recurring event is followed twice by a funeral (the third time Mrs. Coady has a heart attack, finally putting herself out of the picture), at which a song is sung in Latin. What do the words, 'Miserere Dominus, Canis Mortuus est' mean?
5. Who directed this fine picture?
6. What are Wendy's final words to Archie?
7. Aside from his unkind and obscene epithet for Britishers who dare drive on the left, and his constant reiteration of 'What was the middle thing?', what is Otto's catchphrase?
8. Whose father really did suffer from a debilitating stutter?
9. Where did John Cleese come up with the character name of Archie Leach?
10. What fake name and occupation does Otto give Wendy when she catches him in her house?
11. Apart from Ken accidentally killing cute little dogs and Otto eating all of his fish, another running gag was included in the original script but edited out of the final version (it was decided that enough cruelty to animals had been exhibited). What was it?
12. Whom does Otto try (unsuccessfully) to kiss?
13. What is Archie's daughter's name?
14. Which delightful star of 'Peter's Friends' (and novelist) plays a cameo role?
15. The second of Ken's fish Otto eats is green. What does he name it?
16. According to Wanda, she and Otto are the best brother-and-sister team since whom?
17. With whom does Wendy complain of having had to play 'three rubbers' (of bridge)?
18. In the dubbed Italian release of the film, what language does Otto speak when romancing Wanda?
19. Which English town other than London was used as a location for the film?
20. According to the epilogue-subtitles, which of the following did NOT happen after the film ended?
Source: Author alkmene
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.