Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It's unusual for a live-action motion picture to be directed by more than one person, but in animated films, it's not at all uncommon to see more than one credited director. How many people are credited with having directed 'Batman: Mask of the Phantasm'?
2. Who speaks the first line in the film?
3. When we first see Andrea Beaumont, she is on an airplane, looking at a magazine featuring Bruce Wayne on the cover. What magazine is it?
4. Which of the following people does NOT provide his or her vocal talents in the movie?
5. In one of the many flashbacks in the movie, we see the first time that young Bruce Wayne met Andrea Beaumont. Where did they meet?
6. Another flashback we're treated to features Bruce's first night out as a masked vigilante. He hadn't yet adopted the Batman persona, so he was clad in black tights, a ski mask, and a primitive utility belt. Which of the following items did we NOT see him pull from said utility belt during his apprehension of a gang of thieves on that first night?
7. During that same flashback chronicling Bruce's escapade atop the thieves' getaway car, he is spotted by a uniformed officer (in a squad car) who will later become a significant member of the Gotham City Police Department. Who is it?
8. The first time Andrea visits Bruce at his home, he is out on the front lawn, conducting a martial arts workout. Which martial art does he say he is practicing?
9. The Phantasm's imminent victims -- all of them mobsters -- always hear a certain sentence before they die. What is it?
10. At one point in the film, we see Batman exhibit a rather useful skill. What is it?
11. Which of the following mobsters does The Phantasm NOT kill?
12. True or False: In the flashbacks shown in this film, we learn that Bruce Wayne was once briefly married.
13. Just as Andrea accepts Bruce's proposal of marriage, something rather ominous happens. What is it?
14. Just moments before Alfred presents Bruce with a disturbing letter from Andrea, a fairly momentous event takes place. What is it?
15. Andrea left the United States with her father, and remained an expatriate of sorts for many years. Where did she and her father go?
16. Yet another flashback depicts the first time that Bruce donned the Batman costume. Alfred Pennyworth, his trusted butler, is the first person to see Bruce decked out in full Batman regalia. What does Alfred say upon witnessing this momentous event?
17. In a rather bizarre sequence, we see that the Joker has set up residence in the 'House of the Future' exhibit at the abandoned Gotham World's Fair, complete with a robotic 'wife' and 'dog.' What is the name of the dog?
18. The Joker peppers his vocabulary with words from languages other than English. Which language does he NOT utilize in 'Batman: Mask of the Phantasm'?
19. In a rather intense sequence, Batman is hunted down and cornered by the full might of the Gotham City Police Department. Who comes to his rescue and saves him from being captured and unmasked?
20. Who is the first person in the film to say the word 'Phantasm'?
21. Which vehicle do we NOT see Batman utilizing in the film?
22. The Joker habitually calls Batman by a number of demeaning nicknames. Which of the following names does he NOT call Batman in the film?
23. Late in the film, the Joker attempts to use a rocket-powered backpack to escape the final battle. Batman, however, leaps atop his enemy's back, and it's clear that the rocket pack can't manage their combined weight. As they start to plummet toward the ground, the Joker says, 'Let me go, or we'll both die!' What is Batman's characteristically steely response?
24. Who speaks the last line in the film?
25. A number of major plot elements and events in this film were clearly inspired by events depicted in significant arcs from the 'Batman' comic books. Which of the following story arcs did NOT contribute to the events of 'Mask of the Phantasm'?
Source: Author enfranklopedia
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rj211
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.