Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Theodoros Angelopoulos won the Palme d'Or award at 1998 Cannes Film Festival for directing "Eternity and a Day". Who was the main actor in the film?
2. Marcello Mastroianni was the main actor in "The Beekeeper". In what other film directed by Theodoros Angelopoulos did Mastroianni had a role?
3. "Alexander the Great" is the story of ancient Greek king Alexander the Great.
4. Eleni Karaindrou composed the magnificent soundtrack for all films of Theodoros Angelopoulos starting from which?
5. "Voyage to Cythera" involves an actual journey to the greek island of Cythera.
6. Harvey Keitel starred in "Ulysses' Gaze" as A, a Greek-American director who travels all over the Balkans in search for the legendary "three reels" of the Manakis Brothers, who introduced cinema in the Balkans. What were their names?
7. Thanasis Vengos, one of the greatest Greek comedians of all times, played what small role in "Ulysses' Gaze"?
8. Eleni is the name of the main heroine in many Angelopoulos films. In which one of these films does the main heroine had a different name?
9. Alexandra Aidini starred as the main heroine of "The Weeping Meadow". We learned what "the weeping meadow" is in the closing scene of the film, from a letter written to the main heroine from Alexis, her husband. In what battle of World War II Pacific Ocean theatre was Alexis a member of the U.S. Army?
10. What is the theatrical that the players in "The Travelling Players" play all over Greece from 1939 to 1952?
Source: Author nerzack
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.