Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Welcome to The Festival of Flops, a three-day torture session of dreadful movies. This year we are focussing on bad performances by singers in the movies.
Our first showing is the acting debut of diva Mariah Carey in a rags to riches story about a singer. What gem of a film won her a Razzie in 2002?
2. Relax and get yourself some popcorn for this movie, that is if you don't lose your appetite!
This 2003 romantic musical stars the winner and runner-up from the first "American Idol" television show. Unfortunately this couple has neither chemistry nor charisma. What is the title of this beach party flop?
3. You might already be full of popcorn, but don't worry about having one of those large drinks. You could use a break or two during our next film...
The 2010 movie "The Last Song" is a syrupy coming-of-age melodrama that tries to introduce which former Disney channel television star and pop singer as a bona fide actress?
4. Time for a little action now. The Festival of Flops presents you with a piece of cyberpunk.
This cheesy 1992 futuristic sci-fi thriller deals with immortality and time travel. What movie has Mick Jagger playing a body-snatcher on the hunt for Emilio Estevez?
5. Your body is cramping from the theatre seats and your brain is cramping from the cinematic hubris you're watching, but still you await the 5th movie in the Festival of Flops...
Having the widely panned movie "The Dukes of Hazzard" under her belt, this pop singer made a second acting attempt in a farce about slackers working in a warehouse club. Who stars in the 2006 movie "Employee of the Month"?
6. The Festival of Flops likes diversity. Here is a movie with a best-selling soundtrack!
You may be crying with the doves if you expect good acting to accompany the music in this movie. What semi-autobiographical film stars Prince as a musician nicknamed The Kid?
7. You are a sucker for punishment if you're still attending the Festival of Flops. Dim the lights, our 7th vanity project awaits us...
You are spared the triple-feature of bad Madonna movies; instead you'll just view one. This shipwreck of a film is also directed by her then husband, Guy Ritchie. What remake of a 1974 Italian art-house film earned Madonna a Razzie?
8. The Festival of Flops will now move on to a gripping crime drama.
When he was twelve his mother was murdered; he was a child drug dealer; he survived being shot nine times -- and then he became a famous rapper. Director Jim Sheridan tried to bring his mythology to the silver screen, but failed to win over audiences and critics with a sanitized version. Who is the star of the 2005 gangster film "Get Rich or Die Tryin'"?
9. What is a film festival without some eye candy? This next movie has some spectacular costumes!
Singing sensation Christina Aguilera tried to crossover into film with this clichéd story of a small-town orphan going to the big city to fulfill her dreams. In what 2010 musical did she co-star with Cher?
10. Tighten your straightjackets; we are now ready for our final flop of the festival!
With a pretense of wholesomeness in her cinematic debut, Britney Spears pouts and giggles her way through this predictable road trip movie. Which 2002 film feels more like a Britney product pitch?
Source: Author Squisher
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.