Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Isaac Watts was born July 17, 1674, in Southampton, England. What noted English agriculturalist was born the same year as Watts?
2. Isaac Watts died November 25, 1748 at the age of 74 years. Out of the four events below, what is the ONLY ONE that happened in 1748?
3. How many hymns is Isaac Watts credited with writing?
4. Isaac Watts was extremely intelligent as a child and is credited with translating Latin prose into English when he was seven years old. Despite this, he was unable to attend Oxford and Cambridge universities. Why was he denied entry into the two prestigious universities?
5. Out of the four monikers below, what one fits Isaac Watts?
6. Isaac Wattts was frail and in poor health and never married.
7. What extremely popular Christmas carol was written by Isaac Watts?
8. Out of the three hymns below, which one did Isaac Watts NOT write?
9. Charles Wesley, the Englishman who wrote an astounding 8,000 hymns, is quoted as saying he would have given up all of his hymns, to write 'When I Survey the Wondrous Cross', which was written by Isaac Watts.
10. What noted American hymn writer said her life was changed dramatically when she heard Isaac Watts' hymn 'Alas! And Did My Savior Bleed', also known as 'At the Cross' being performed at a revival meeting?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.