Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what country was John Newton born and where did he spend most his life?
2. What occupation did John Newton work at before he became an ordained evangelical Anglican minister?
3. John Newton, who was once an avowed atheist, cried out to the Lord to save him when he was on a ship that was involved in a monstrous storm and he never thought he would make it to shore. Off what country's coast was Newton when he prayed to God for help?
4. In what year did John Newton write 'Amazing Grace'?
5. How many different musicians have released recordings of 'Amazing Grace'?
6. Unfortunately, many people regard John Newton as a 'one-hit wonder' when it comes to writing Gospel hymns. They know he wrote the incredibly popular 'Amazing Grace' and that's basically it. However, how many hymns is Newton actually credited with writing?
7. What was the name of the noted British abolitionist John Newton joined forces with to enact a ban on slavery?
8. The musical 'Amazing Grace' focusing on the life of John Newton has been featured on Broadway as well as in Chicago. Who collaborated to produce the musical?
9. There is a town in Sierra Leone named Newton in honor of the famous hymn writer.
10. John Newton was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame the same year Princess Grace of Monaco died in a car crash, Britain and Argentina went to war over the Falkland Islands and Leonid Brezhnev, the general secretary of the Communist Party of the U.S.S.R. died of a heart attack while in office. In what year was Newton inducted into the hall of fame?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.