Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the #10 hit of the year 1960?
"Yeah you should see my little Sis.
You should see my my little Sis.
She really knows how to rock,
She knows how to..."
2. What was the #9 song for the year 1960?
"Out in the West Texas town of El Paso,
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Nighttime would find me in Rosa's cantina,
Music would play and Felina would whirl."
3. What was the #8 hit for the year 1960?
"Please accept my apology,
But love is blind,
And I was too blind to see.
Oh, oh, oh, oh, uh, oh, oh, yes."
4. What was the #7 hit for the year 1960?
"I'm not the kind to use a pencil or rule,
I'm handy with love and I'm no fool.
I fix broken hearts, I know that I truly can."
5. What was the #6 hit for the year 1960?
Come hold me tight.
Kiss me my darling,
Be mine tonight.
Tomorrow will be too late,
My love won't wait."
6. What was the #5 hit for the year 1960?
"That fateful night, the car was stalled,
Upon the railroad track.
I pulled you out, and we were safe,
But you went running back."
7. What was the #4 song for the year 1960?
"On the other side of the river,
Stood his lovely Indian maid.
Little White Dove was-a her name,
Such a lovely sight to see.
But their tribes fought with each other,
So their love could never be."
8. What was the #3 hit song for the year 1960?
"Don't want your lo-o-o-o-ove anymore.
Don't want your ki-i-i-i-isses, that's for sure.
I die each time I hear this sound,
Here he co-o-o-o-omes, that's..."
9. What was the #2 hit for the year 1960?
"Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone.
Let's pretend that we're together, all alone.
I'll tell the man to turn the juke box way down low,
And you can tell your friend there with you, he'll have to go."
10. The number one hit song for 1960 was an instrumental that was the theme song for a movie starring Sandra Dee, Troy Donahue, Richard Egan and Dorothy McGuire. The movie had a steamy plot which dealt with the angst of teenage love, intertwined with a sordid tale of middle-aged cheating. What was it called?
Source: Author skunkee
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.