Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which one of these songs was a hit for Danny & The Juniors in 1957-1958?
2. In 1956, Elvis Presley had a number one hit song with "Hound Dog." Which of these tunes, mentioning the word "preacher", was on the flip side of this single?
3. In 1955, The Platters reached the top ten of the U.S. singles charts with "Only You." Please complete this opening line from the song:
"Only you can make this ______ seem right
Only you can make the darkness bright..."
4. Which group had a top ten hit in 1955 with the song "Earth Angel"?
5. "But you're my teenage queen
You're the prettiest, loveliest girl
I've ever seen..."
Which 1959 hit song by The Crests featured the above lyrics?
6. Which one of these singers achieved success in 1957 with "My Special Angel"?
7. In 1958, The Big Bopper recorded a hit song called "Chantilly Lace." What was the Big Bopper's real name?
8. Which one of these songs was a hit single for The Dell Vikings in 1957?
9. In 1955, the legendary Chuck Berry released a single called "Maybellene." Which one of these cars was mentioned in the lyrics of this song?
10. In 1958, The Everly Brothers topped the U.S. singles charts with "All I Have To Do Is Dream." Please complete the following lyrics from the bridge of this song:
"I can make you mine, taste your lips ______
Anytime, night or day..."
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.