Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Getha's grandma says she fondly remembers those two American boys who sang about the "Sound of Silence". One of them would go to "Graceland" after breaking up with the other guy, the other one supposedly had "Bright Eyes". Who are the American pair that grandma has in mind?
2. Getha is next to choose a song. She picks a song by an Icelandic woman, called "It's Oh So Quiet". The singer is known for having been very sweet before starting a solo career, scoring hits like "Joga" and "Human Behaviour". Who is this Icelandic singer?
3. Grandma says she used to like the song called "Hush", recorded in 1967 by Billy Joe Royal. Getha tells her there have been many cover versions over the years, including those made by British band Kula Shaker and German dance project Milli Vanilli. The song is perhaps best known when it was recorded by a rather colourful British rock band in 1968, who re-recorded it in 1988. What is the name of this band?
4. Getha says that although grandma may not like the modern rap and R&B artists, they can sometimes sing about silence too. She remembers a young R&B singer in the '90's. On his 1993 album "I Am Ready" he featured a song called "Shhh". Who is this R&B singer, who had hits with "Tell Me What You Want Me to Do" and "Can We Talk"?
5. Grandma thinks that all this modern electronic music is mostly rubbish. She does confess however that she liked a song called "Enjoy the Silence". The song is by a British electronic band that formed in 1980. Some of their other hits include "Everything Counts" and "People Are People". What British band is grandma talking about?
6. Getha goes on to reminisce about a song her father used to play. It was released in 1967 by a Britsh rock and roll band and is called "Silence is Golden". This band also scored hits like "Do you Love Me" and "Here Comes My Baby", although those songs were not originally theirs. What is the name of this British music group?
7. Grandma walks over to the record player and plays Getha a song called "Shine Silently". The performer of this song has been part of several bands like Grin, Crazy Horse and the E Street Band. He scored solo hits with songs like "Back it Up" and "I Came to Dance". Who is this performer with a name vaguely reminiscent of stories written by Selma Lagerlöf?
8. Getha notes that even heavy metal bands can sing about silence. She recalls a song from 1990 called "Silent Lucidity". The band had hits like "Jet City Woman" and "Another Rainy Night". Which American heavy metal band is referred to by Getha?
9. Grandma is getting very excited right now. She has almost forgotten those pesky boys next door with their loud music. Next she remembers an American band who like to stay at the "Hotel California". They also have a song called "Learn to be Still". Which American rock band is grandma thinking about?
10. Getha is on a tight schedule as a journalist. She can't help but leave her grandma with one last song about silence. She chooses "Stillness of the Night". This is a song by an American rock band, released in 1982. This band also had hits with songs like "Keep On Loving You" and "Can't Fight This Feeling". Which band is responsible for this last song?
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.