Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As our three crew members from the USS Swinetrek enter the bar, Darth Vader has just launched into his first song. It is definitely a song that would remind them of their own television segment "Pigs in Space". The song is called "Space Oddity". Who released the song in 1969? It is also the opening track of the album with the same name.
2. Darth is really getting into the music and launches into a song with features heavy guitars and a lot of robotic sounds. It is apparently called "Spaceman", as the track listing suggests. Which British band scored a hit with this song in 1995, helped along with the appearance of the song in a Levi's commercial?
3. For his third effort Darth will not have much singing to do. He just seems to dance to the beat a lot and there is also a lot of talking going on. Miss Piggy notices that the spooky sounding song is called "Eve of the War". Who created the song as part of his War of the Worlds project?
4. Now that Darth has had a bit of a rest on the singing, it is time to launch right in again. He begins a smooth song called "Drops of Jupiter". As Miss Piggy dances with Link Hogthrob, can you identify which American band recorded this song in 2001?
5. The audience in the Space Bar is really beginning to enjoy Darth's performance. Even Dr. Strangepork can't sit still. The next tune our grim performer starts up is a song called "Rocket Man". Even Link Hogthrob knows the song is by Elton John. As Darth seems to perform a version with a reggae sound in it, he seems to be inspired by the cover version done in 1991 by a British singer. Who is this singer?
6. As Captain Hogthrob is getting a bit anxious about the repairs to the USS Swinetrek, Darth starts up on the second part of his set. Miss Piggy really gets to shake her hips to this funky tune. It's called "Venus". Which Dutch band had a huge hit with the song in 1969?
7. Darth reaches number seven on his tracklist and still no sign of any repairs being completed on the USS Swinetrek. So our trio sticks around as the seventh song is played. It's called "To the Moon and Back". Which Australian band had a hit with this song in 1996?
8. Darth is going for the heavier stuff with selection number eight. Captain Hogthrob is headbanging to the tune. Miss Piggy finds out that the song is called "Black Hole Sun". Which American band scored a massive hit with this tune in 1994?
9. For song number nine Darth decides to slow it back down again and sing a more gentle song. Dr. Strangepork falls asleep during the song, which probably is not surprising as the title is "Sleeping Satellite". Which female British singer had a hit with the song in 1992?
10. As Darth starts his final song, a repairman walks in and announces that the USS Swinetrek is once again good to go. Miss Piggy thinks they can stay for just a while longer to hear Darth's finale. The last song is called "Swinging on a Star". Who sang this song in 1944 for the movie "Going My Way"?
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.