Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1944, both Johnny Mercer and Louis Jordan had hits with which of the following songs?
2. In 1941, Ann Southern sang the song "The Last Time I Saw Paris" in which of the following movies?
3. In the title of the 1942 hit song by Ethel Merman, which city goes in the blank, "(We'll Be Singing Hallelujah) Marching Through ___"?
4. "At Mail Call Today" was a 1945 hit song by which country music singer?
5. Which of the following optimistic songs was a big hit for English singer Vera Lynn in 1939?
6. In 1943, which of the following singers released the hit song "I'll Be Home for Christmas"?
7. Which of the following tunes, sang by Earl Wrightson in 1945, was the story of a real Medal of Honor winner?
8. The 1941 hit, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" helped propel which of the following sisters to stardom?
9. In the World War II song, "White Cliffs of Dover", what is said to be flying overhead?
10. Irving Berlin's wartime hit "This is the Army, Mr. Jones" shot to the top of the charts after it was included in the 1942 hit movie "Yankee Doodle Dandy".
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.