Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This is your captain speaking: "Prepare to abandon ship."
This famed ship ship sank during the night of April 14th-15th, 1912. Its name is well known but what was the name of its captain who ordered the lifeboats uncovered and the passengers mustered?
2. The Vasa (Wasa) sank before hundreds or possibly thousands of persons who had gathered to see it set sail on its maiden journey in 1628. What type of ship was it?
3. The USS Arizona went down on December 7, 1941. What was the cause of its demise?
4. The sinking of the SS Sultana was recorded as the deadliest maritime disaster in the United States. Who was held accountable for this disaster?
5. The RMS Empress of Ireland collided with a Norwegian collier and sank in 1914. Which country owned this ship?
6. What was the name of the carrack-type warship which sank in 1545 while in battle against the French?
7. This Canadian ocean liner shown sank during World War 1 while transporting Commonwealth troops. In which body of water did it sink?
8. On July 2, 1915 the SS Eastland sank causing the deaths of 848 persons. What was the strangest thing about the disaster?
9. Which famous explorer was aboard the Santa Maria when it ran aground in 1492?
10. Which king of England lost his only legitimate son and heir when the White Ship sank in the English channel on November 25, 1120?
Source: Author Verne47
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.