Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You may recognize this half human, half horse from the "Harry Potter", "Narnia", and "Percy Jackson" movies. By what name is this mythological creature known?
2. This majestic creature of legend combines features of a lion (king of the beasts) and an eagle (king of the birds). What is its name?
3. This creature is found in both Greek and Egyptian mythology. What is the name of this half lion, half human that is known for its riddles?
4. This many-headed creature fought against Heracles and lost. What watery-sounding name does it have?
5. This half human, half bull lived in the maze-like Labyrinth on the island of Crete. What is this beast called?
6. Captain Jack Sparrow can tell you all about how dangerous the Kraken (of Norse legend) is. But what is the name of the Greek sea monster that goes hand in hand with the giant whirlpool Charybdis?
7. This monster of Greek myth shares the same name as a hero from the X-Men from Marvel Comics (and movies). What is he called?
8. The harpy of Greek and Roman legend is half woman and half bat.
9. Stories of mermaids and mermen are found in many cultures, including Ancient Greece. In one legend, a famous warrior's sister was turned into a mermaid after her death. Who was this 'great' warrior?
10. The winged horse pictured here is one of Greece's most famous mythological creatures. Zeus himself transformed this beautiful animal into a constellation and placed him in the northern sky. What is his name?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.