Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Officially known as the Republic of Togo, the country was once known as Togoland. From 1884-1914, Togoland was a protectorate of which European country?
2. Which of the following cities is both the capital and largest city of Togo?
3. The country of Benin borders Togo to the east while Burkina Faso borders the country to the north. Which country borders Togo to the west?
4. Togo has an official language. Which language is it?
5. Which of the following leaders served as Togo's first President?
6. A significant number of Togolese practice which of the following religions?
7. Which of the following major rivers is located in Togo?
8. Togo's flag consists of Pan-African colors; red, gold, and green. The only star, located in the top left-hand corner, is not one of these colors. What color is it?
9. Koutammakou, a settlement in north-eastern Togo, is known as the "Land of the Batammariba". What is this area known for?
10. In the U.S. we celebrate Veterans Day in November to honor those who have served and died for their country. The Togolese have a similar holiday. What is it called?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.