Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In many European and South American nations, the act of taking your fist and punching it into the elbow joint and then following that by raising your opposite fist in front of you might get you in trouble if used (for example) at a popular sporting event. What is this motion commonly called?
2. The "mountza" is a hand signal that might be seen in many English speaking nations as denoting the number five. But in which of the following countries might this be seen as a traditional insult?
3. You are on vacation in South Korea or Japan. Which of the following might be considered rude to do in a restaurant in one of these countries?
4. Continuing with offensive things to do when it comes to food, is it considered offensive in the Middle East or India to eat with your right hand?
5. In the United Kingdom, which of the following terms is sometimes claimed to be offensive, even when its use is not intended to offend?
6. When travelling in Australia or New Zealand, it is considered rude to sit in the back of which of the following vehicles?
7. Flatulence or "farting", while rude and often smelly, often comes off as humorous or embarrassing behavior in Western society. In Muslim culture, however, flatulence is a bodily function that can actually invalidate what common religious practice?
8. During a diplomatic mission in Iraq in 1995, U.S. Congressman Bill Richardson committed what fashion faux pas that prompted Iraqi president Saddam Hussein to leave the room completely offended?
9. The use of the word "poop" during a regular conversation is considered slightly offensive in most English-speaking cultures around the world. On naval ships however, the word "poop" in formal conversation is commonly used to refer to what?
10. In North America, raising your middle finger towards someone is typically regarded as an offensive gesture. What has generally been accepted as being the first documented appearance of the middle finger being given in the United States?
Source: Author apathy100
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.