Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This controversial author, playwright and screenwriter got her start with a job writing summaries of novels and periodical for potential screenplays before finding success in her own right with her first Broadway play. Who was she?
2. This Victorian author worked as a journalist throughout his career while also publishing many of his novels in monthly installments. What was his name?
3. She was a senator's wife and wrote stories set in New England, Virginia, Louisiana, Normandy, and South America, based on her own life and travels. What was her name?
4. Horror of all horrors, during his lifetime this author was better known as the assistant to renowned actor Sir Henry Irving and as the manager of London's Lyceum Theatre than he was as a writer. Who was he?
5. She may not have always live in a 'little house', but as a young woman this author worked as a teacher before marrying, then wrote columns for local papers before recounting her homesteading experiences in a number of novels. Which author was described?
6. He squandered his inheritance as a young man and tried his hand as an artist before turning to writing as a profession. It was not just 'vanity' that made this 'sharp'-tongued author one of the best satirical writers of his age. What was his name?
7. Before publishing her first novel at the age of 44, she worked at (and eventually ran) a workhouse laundry. Her novels reflect the hardships of her youth in North East England. Who was this prolific author?
8. After a successful career as a television stage manager and (later) producer, this man turned to writing in his 50s, working as an investigative journalist and novelist. Who was he?
9. She grew up on stories of 'The South' that eventually led to her one successful full-length novel. In the interim, she had a short career as a journalist for the "Atlanta Journal". Who was she?
10. He began writing while in university, and completed his Doctorate in Medicine in 1885. Thankfully, he succeeded as an author, because he failed in his efforts to establish a medical practice. Can you deduce who it was?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.