Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In most species of birds the most brightly colored bird is?
2. Which of the following birds, revered on the Canadian one-dollar coin, is known for its 'far-carrying laughs,' 'haunting cries,' and weird yodeling calls?
3. What bird's call sounds like its own name over and over again?
4. What passerine birds did Charles Darwin study on the Galápagos Islands to help develop his Theory of Natural Selection?
5. What is the name of this beautiful game bird, which can be found in prairies, bushy areas and croplands?
6. What bird nests in colonies in jack pines of the lower peninsula of Michigan?
7. "Once upon a midnight dreary," Edgar Allan Poe was inspired to write a poem about this lustrous black bird. What is the bird's name?
8. What endangered bird is the tallest in North America, reaching five feet when standing erect?
9. What omnivorous bird is known for its loud, harsh voice and has many calls, cries, and screams?
10. Which bird of prey has been clocked at 389 km/h (242 mph), earning the title of the fastest bird in the world?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.