Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What sport usually needs a court to play on, and definitely needs a metal hoop with a net hanging from it (3 meters off the ground) for you to throw a ball through?
2. To play this sport you need woods and irons and holes. It also helps if you enjoy the outdoors. Which sport?
3. This is the most popular sport in the world, probably because you can play it with nothing more than the ball and your feet, although a pitch and a good pair of 'boots' help. What is this sport commonly called in North America?
4. This fast-moving sport needs an ice surface to play on, as well as sticks and skates and the black item in the photo. And if you want to play safely, a helmet is required. What game is this?
5. Played on an indoor court, this sport needs long-handled racquets, and between two and four people to play it. Which sport is it?
6. To play this sport, you need to have sure footing, brooms, and a house at which to throw rocks! What is this sport called?
7. It's known as "America's pastime" and it needs a bat, three bases, and a home plate to play, along with one glove apiece per player. What sport?
8. To properly play this sport, you need a large field (marked at yard intervals) with Y-shaped goalposts at either end. And if you play with tackling, you also need a helmet and lots of protective padding. What is this 'gridiron' sport?
9. You would find yourself on a sticky wicket if you tried to play this game without stumps and bails, not to mention the very necessary bat. What game?
10. A long, low net is needed to play this courtly game, along with your racquet. You can play against one other person, or go two on two, if you prefer. Which sport?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.