Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On June 26th 1876 on a battlefield in Montana USA, a certain army officer and cavalry commander is attributed with utterring these final words (rather prematurely if you ask me): "Hurrah, we've caught them napping!" Who, quite obviously, spoke too soon?
2. The words "I know you have come to kill me. Shoot, coward. You are only going to kill a man" was spoken by which Marxist revolutionary on 9th October 1967 as he was faced by his Bolivian executioner?
3. Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean on July 2, 1937: "KHAQQ calling Itasca. We must be on you but cannot see you. Gas is running low", was the last confirmed radio transmission of which 39 year old lady?
4. What final two word dying reply did comedian and actor Bob Hope give to his wife on July 27th, 2003 in answer to her enquiry as to where he wanted to be buried?
5. "Don't worry, it's not loaded", were the last words spoken by rock musician Terry Kath as he put a gun to his head on January 23rd 1978 and pulled the trigger, killing himself instantly. Of which American rock band formed in 1967 was Kath a founding member?
6. Marilyn Monroe spoke her last known words over the telephone on the night of August 5th, 1962. They were "Say good-bye to Pat. Say good-bye to Jack and say good-bye to yourself because you're a nice guy". To whom was she talking?
7. There are a few reported variations, but "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go" is generally accepted as being the last words (or very close) of which Irish writer and poet, on November 30th, 1900?
8. Double murderer Gary Gilmore's last words as he faced a Utah firing squad were: "There'll always be a Meersman". Who or what was Meersman?
9. Legendary actor Humphrey Bogart died on January 14, 1957, aged 57 of esophageal cancer. What were the great man's last words, a reference to his passion for alcohol?
10. On 17 November 1558, which English Queen's final words were: "When I am dead, you will find Philip and Calais engraved on my heart"?
Source: Author nickdrew55
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.