Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This war commander led the Union military to victory in the Civil War before he became a United States' president. Which of these men was the 18th president of the United States and died of throat cancer at the age of 63?
2. This storyteller brightened the lives of many with his works before he died with liver cancer. Which of these men was a Danish author that wrote 156 fairy tales that included stories, such as "The Little Mermaid", "The Ugly Duckling", and "Thumbelina"?
3. This Baseball Hall of Fame legend died of throat cancer at the age of 53. Which of these baseball players was nicknamed the "The Great Bambino", and was a slugging star for the New York Yankees?
4. This lady's work in the medical field contributed to her cancer related death in 1934. Which of these ladies was a scientist that won a Nobel prize for her discoveries on using radium?
5. Walt Disney was a pioneer in children's films and animation. Which of these cancers eventually took the film producer's life while he was working on the project, "The Jungle Book", in 1966?
6. This writer and artist was known for making people smile, before passing away of colon cancer. Which of these cartoonists created "Peanuts", a comic strip that featured a beagle and his neighborhood friends?
7. This children's writer died of oral cancer at age 87. Which of these writers, wrote the children's books "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" and "The Lorax"?
8. Sally Ride became the first American woman in space in 1983. How many space missions did she complete, before she died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 61?
9. Colin Powell, was plagued with multiple myeloma, a cancer known for attacking plasma cells and the body's immune system. Before he passed away, he became the first African-American ___________ .
10. Ruth Bader Ginsburg served as an associate justice on the United States Supreme Court until age 87. During her lifetime she faced battles with colon, lung, and pancreatic cancers. How many times did she overcome as a cancer survivor?
Source: Author exceller
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.