Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This John doesn't have a last name, but he is very well known. He lived long ago, and is believed by many to be the author of a famous work of apocalyptic literature. The name of the book means something like "new information". Who was he?
2. This John was once a ruler. He had a very famous brother named Richard, who spent a lot of time away from his native land. John wasn't well liked, and was made to sign a document renouncing some of his power.
3. This John, who appears in books by an author whose initials are E.P., is a gentleman thief, with a talent for disguise. He has a habit of using pseudonyms, which exasperates his lover. Her name is Vicky. What is this John's name?
4. This John created a famous character named Richard, whose surname begins with H. The character appeared in several books, including one with "39" in the title. The book was filmed.
5. This John's original initials were MRM, and, later, MMM. When he took up acting, he decided to use a more manly name. He was tall, and is best known for his appearances in westerns.
6. This John was once the captain of a slave ship, but later wrote the hymns "Amazing Grace", and "Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken," and became a church minister.
7. This John died at the age of 26, but became one of England's best known poets. One of his poems in "Ode on a Grecian Urn".
8. This John is a singer, born in Scotland, but living in Australia. He is best known for "Yesterday's Hero" and "Love is in the Air", which became a hit twice in separate decades. Nicknamed "Squeak", his full name (which he shares with a Canadian singer) is:
9. This John is really anonymous. His name is given to men whose names are not known, and especially to dead bodies.
10. This John founded the Methodist Church.
11. This John is the quintessential Englishman - the personification of England, just as Uncle Sam is the personification of America. He is
12. Who, or what, is Sloop John B?
13. This John is known by a three word name. He was born in the 14th Century and founded the royal house of Lancaster. He is:
14. This John is a famous writer, one of whose works has been made into three blockbuster films. He is generally known by his initials, which are JRRT. What is his full name?
15. This John was born in Melbourne in 1950. He is the author of several titles for children and teenagers, and is probably best known for his "Tomorrow" series. "Tomorrow, When the War Began" was first published in 1994. What is this John's name?
Source: Author Sallyo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.