Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This female author took the name of Acton Bell when writing a best selling novel at Haworth Parsonage, West Yorkshire. Which author was she?
2. Esther Summerson, Mr Gradgrind and William Dorrit were all literary characters who would have loved to live at Gads Hill Place in Higham, Kent. Which famous author resided there?
3. Which English author lived at Hill Top Farm in Cumbria along with her husband, William Heelis?
4. This poet may have got inspiration when he lived at Dove Cottage in the Lake District. Who was it that looked over vales and hills, and saw thousands of brightly coloured flowers dancing in the breeze?
5. A beatifiul thatched roof lays atop this quintessentially English cottage at Higher Bockhampton in Dorset. Which poet and novelist, known for his west country stories, was born at this stunning location?
6. This remote house called Barnhill on the Scottish island of Jura was the temporary home for Eric Blair, English author to a classic dystopian novel set in the future. What was his pen name?
7. This author spent time sailing around the world on The Beagle. When he finally settled on dry land, he wrote about his experiences at Down House in Kent. Who was this famous person?
8. Elinor, Marianne, Elizabeth, Fanny, Emma, Anne and Catherine may have appreciated the quiet tranquility of life at Chawton Cottage in Hampshire. Who was their creator?
9. This author was born in a charming house in Henley Street, located at a market town in Warwickshire. When he inherited the house from his father, he turned part of it into a tavern called "The Maidenhead". Who was he?
10. This author took one look at Greenway House across the River Dart in Devon and instantly fell in love with it. She used it as a summer residence for her and her second husband and based some of her novels around the location. At least she didn't disappear from this house! Who was she?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.