Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which writer of "Amerika" and "Metamorphosis" said "Writing is a form of Prayer"?
2. "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods", was said by which very famous and very quotable German physicist?
3. Cecil Rhodes, the British arch-imperialist, said on meeting Leopold II, a European monarch, "Satan, I tell you that man is Satan." Of which country was Leopold the king?
4. On which tragic occasion did Ronald Reagan say: "We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth' to 'touch the face of God.'"?
5. "Firstly, you must always implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form any opinion of your own respecting their propriety. Secondly, you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king; and thirdly, you must hate a Frenchman, as you do the devil." Which British naval hero gave this advice to his men?
6. Who was the Argentinian soccer great who said he scored in the 1986 World Cup against England "a little with the hand of God"?
7. Who is the singer from Hoboken, New Jersey, who said the following: "Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels"?
8. Who is the tragic poet and novelist who said: "I talk to God but the sky is empty"?
9. Who was the Bonn-born composer who said: "Music is the wine which inspires one to new generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunk"?
10. Who was the waspish American writer and Algonquin Round Table member who said : "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to"?
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.