Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Annie's Song" was written in 1973 by which singer about his wife?
2. Whose third symphony, known as "Eroica", was inspired by Napoleon Bonaparte?
3. Whose song "Sexy Sadie" came out of disillusionment with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi?
4. Which English composer wrote a series of variations inspired by friends and family such as August Jaeger ("Nimrod") and Dora Penny ("Dorabella"), as well as himself ("E.D.U.")?
5. Presumably Don McLean couldn't find a rhyme for "sunflowers" when he wrote the lyric: "Sketch the trees and the daffodils" in a song dedicated to which Dutch painter?
6. "Pictures of Matchstick Men" was a hit single by Status Quo that was inspired by the work of which UK artist?
7. Kathleen Chitty inspired which singer-songwriter to write "Kathy's Song"?
8. "Nightshift", the 1985 hit single by The Commodores, was a tribute to which pair of legendary singers who died in 1984?
9. "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" was written and recorded in 1959 by Charles Mingus as a tribute to which legendary jazz saxophonist, known as "Pres", who had died a few weeks earlier?
10. David Bowie's 1971 album "Hunky Dory" features one song dedicated to an artist and one to a singer-songwriter. Who are they?
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.