Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Slip Slidin' Away" songwriter Paul Simon was asked on BBC TV how much he missed ex-partner Art Garfunkel's contribution to the songwriting process. What did he reply?
2. Cyndi Lauper's breakthrough song wasn't written by her, but by a performer called Robert Hazard. What was it?
3. Rob Davis was a prolific songwriter contributing to hits such as "Can't Get You Out of My Head", "Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)", and "Toca's Miracle". Which British glam-rock band was he a member of?
4. Patti Smith's hit "Because the Night" was co-written by which prolific megastar?
5. The words to the female anthem recorded by Aretha Franklin, "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" were actually written by a man.
6. There were eyebrows raised when Gordon Ogilvie, a journalist with the right-wing UK newspaper the Daily Express, was credited for songwriting on "Alternative Ulster", "Suspect Device" and "Barbed Wire Love" by which gritty Northern Ireland punk band?
7. "Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear" was a hit in 1967 for Alan Price in the UK and has been recorded by Harry Nilsson, Morrissey, and Scooter from "The Muppets". Who wrote it?
8. The standout track on David Bowie's album "Hunky Dory", "Fill Your Heart", was co-written by Paul Williams and which onomatopoeia-named artist?
9. Some titters were heard about Barry Manilow's hit single "I Write the Songs", when it transpired that the song was written by Bruce Johnston from what legendary band?
10. Modern songs seem to have more and more writers collaborating. "Swish Swish" from the 2017 album "Witness", a song featuring Nicki Minaj, has six songwriters credited. Who recorded it?
Source: Author Upstart3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.