Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the last known person to see Nell Cropsey alive?
2. What did Ollie Cropsey NOT hear or observe on the night Nell disappeared?
3. On Christmas Eve, 1901, what did William H. Cropsey, Nell's father, receive?
4. How long was it before Nell's body was found?
5. Where was Nell's body found?
6. Who was the first one to find Nell's body?
7. Where was the autopsy on Nell's body performed?
8. Who prevented the lynch mob from hanging Jim Wilcox the night Nell's body was found?
9. How many jury trials did Jim Wilcox have?
10. Which of these occurences did NOT happen before Nell's death?
11. What year was Jim Wilcox pardoned by NC Governor Thomas W. Bickett?
12. Where did Wilcox go, and what did he do after his release from prison?
13. After Wilcox's release from prison, he co-authored a book on the murder of Nell Cropsey.
14. In the eerie aftermath of Nell's murder, several people who knew her committed suicide. Which of the following was the only one NOT to die by their own hand?
15. Two weeks before Jim Wilcox's death, he admitted to being the killer of Nell Cropsey.
Source: Author Charlie007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.