Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pierre Fauchard, described as the father of modern dentistry, was responsible for gigantic strides forward in all aspects of dental care and treatment. Before his findings on tooth decay, for example, people ascribed it to which comical cause?
2. Canadian born Weston Price (1870-1948) spent years researching root canals and the so called effect these had on the general health of individuals. He carried out endless dental case studies and experiments on which animal to prove his point?
3. Dr John Greenwood (1760-1819) designed which great American's dentures?
4. To which famous American writer was the gambling and gunfighting dentist, Doc Holliday, related?
5. The famous silent movie star George Field was the grandson of California's first dentist. What other handy profession did George's grandfather follow in those early risky days of dentistry, when anything could go wrong?
6. American born Annie Elizabeth Delaney (1891-1995) was the second Black woman to practise dentistry in the state of New York. She came from a remarkable family, from her father's side in particular. Why was this?
7. American born Greene Black (1836-1915) is known as the father of modern dentistry in the United States. To the horror of people who still remember it, which dental instrument of torture did this man invent?
8. Polish dentist Adolf Froelich (1887-1943) has also gone down in history as the inventor of which nautical device?
9. The Mexican dentist, Ricardo Gonzalez Gutierrez, is quite possibly responsible for an entire generation of children suffering from coulrophobia. To set his young patients at ease in the chair, what did he used to do?
10. Who played the hilarious role of the dentist in the 1986 movie musical, "Little Shop of Horrors"?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.