Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The earliest example of artificial teeth discovered by science dates right back to around 2500 BC. In which country in the south of North America were these found?
2. By 700 BC, the Etruscans were creating false teeth by joining a combination of human and animal teeth together with which expensive metal?
3. By the 1500s, which technologically skilled Asian country had mastered the ability to make dentures out of wood?
4. By the time the 1700s clocked over, people working in the dental area were manufacturing replacement teeth from which natural product?
5. When American President George Washington made his address to mark his second term as President, it was only 135 words long and took less then ninety seconds to deliver. Why?
6. Ghouls stole teeth from the bodies of dead soldiers during Napoleon's last great battle before his final defeat, and sold them to dentists. What name did it earn these teeth?
7. Beam me up to the nearest dentist, Scotty. Which substance, invented in the 1850s, drastically lowered the cost of artificial teeth and made them considerably more comfortable to wear.
8. By the early 20th century, which product was being used to manufacture both artificial teeth and denture bases?
9. Apart from the discomfort one can experience on wearing a denture for the first time, what is another somewhat comical result of same?
10. Is it true that complete dentures have only 10% of the chewing power of natural teeth?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.