Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Mrs Florence Angle died in Warwickshire in 1969. What historic cold and wet event had she survived in 1912?
2. Harrison Okene was very wet for sixty hours in 2013. What happened to him?
3. The most decorated Olympian of all time, American swimmer Michael Phelps is the holder of how many Olympic medals of all colours combined?
4. This is a tale of shipwreck, survival, remote and hostile polar territory, superb navigation skills and ultimate rescue. What cold and extremely wet tale of "endurance" took place between 1914 to 1917?
5. Arrested in 1907 for indecency wearing a close-fitting one-piece bathing costume, this Australian woman starred in a variety of American films (she was the first major star to appear nude in a movie). She gave exhibitions of diving, designed and wore mermaid costumes. Who was she?
6. In 1789 a tiny open wooden boat, overloaded with 18 men and sparse provisions, navigated stormy seas, avoiding land for fear of hostile natives, completing a journey of 6,500 kms. With only a sextant and compass and without maps, who arrived after a very wet voyage in Coupang in Timor on 14 June?
7. Why are you so wet, mon ami, and why are you wearing that strange bottle on your back? Who was one of the pioneers of underwater exploration, who helped to design improved breathing apparatus and underwater cameras?
8. In June and July 2018, the eyes and ears of the world were on a rescue mission involving underwater experts and Navy Seals, focused on saving the lives of 12 boys and their coach, members of a junior football team, from a flooded cave complex. Where did this occur?
9. Why are you so wet, madam, and why does your cat appear to resent you so? I hear that you were the first person to survive a plunge over Niagara Falls in a barrel. What is your name?
10. Why are you so wet, Monsieur? Oui, this is Calais. The date? 25 August 1875. You have swum from Dover, you say? Impossible! What is your name, you crazy Englishman?
Source: Author windrush
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.