Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When the serpent tempted Eve, and she ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, where was Adam?
2. When Noah took animals into his ark, in what numbers did he arrange them?
3. Leviticus lists many ceremonial regulations for a variety of behaviors. Three of the following are clearly rules to be followed. Which of the four is NOT a mentioned regulation?
4. A less famous judge of Israel named Ehud assassinated Eglon, the very fat king of Moab who had oppressed the Children of Israel for 18 years. How did Ehud get a weapon close enough to Eglon to kill him?
5. The great prophet Isaiah gave us some of the most powerful visions--and poetry--in the Old Testament. Yet Isaiah didn't want the gift of prophecy: he claimed his lips were "unclean". How was his reluctance overcome?
6. The so-called "minor" prophets at the end of the Old Testament often had important messages generated by major events. What event inspired Joel's three-chapter book?
7. John declares Christ's first miracle to be turning water to wine. No other Gospel, however, even mentions that miracle. Which is the first miracle described by Mark and Luke?
8. Toward the end of the crucifixion, Christ cried aloud: "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" What did this mean in English?
9. Just after Pentecost, Peter and John were acosted by a lame man asking for money. Peter said: "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you." What did Peter give him?
10. A prisoner on his way to Rome for trial, Paul warned the centurion that by sailing so late in the year they would likely lose the ship. The ship sailed anyway. When caught in a bad storm, Paul reminded the crew of his advice and said:
Source: Author NormanW5
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ArleneRimmer
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.