Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The elders of Israel gathered together and approached the elderly prophet, Samuel, demanding that he appoint them a king to govern them as other nations. (Up until then, they had been led by God.) Who was the man who became the first King of Israel?
2. After a time in Saul's reign, the Lord told Samuel that he regretted having made Saul king. Saul had turned his back on God's commands. Whom did God choose to be Saul's successor?
3. This prince, as son of King Saul, should have been next in line to the throne. But he was not jealous of David. In fact he loved David as a brother and several times interceded to save David's life when Saul plotted to have David killed. Who was this Prince?
4. Which son of Jacob (Israel) so pleased the Pharaoh of Egypt, that the Pharaoh put him in control of his people saying, 'Only with regard to the throne will I be greater than you'?
5. This prince plotted to take over the throne of his father, King David, sending David fleeing for his life. Who was he?
6. In David's old age, Adonijah, another of his sons, declared himself king. When David heard of this, he right away had another of his sons anointed and declared king of Israel and Judah. Who was this son that David appointed as his successor?
7. Elijah, God's prophet, was told to approach this wicked King and warn him that God was going to send a drought upon the land. Who was the king?
8. This Queen was the daughter of a king as well as the wife of a king. She was murdered by being cast out of a window. When they went at a later date to bury her body, they found that she had been eaten by dogs, just as the prophet Elijah had said would happen.
9. This child was hidden from his grandmother after the death of his father, King Ahaziah, for she planned to destroy all the royal family and assume the crown herself. Who was the boy?
10. This king became very sick and was at the point of death. He prayed earnestly to God for healing and God saw fit to grant him another fifteen years of life. Who was the king?
Source: Author ballykissangel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor nerthus
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.