Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The LDS church was founded with how many members?
2. Which member mortgaged his property in order to have the Book of Mormon printed?
3. After the persecution in Palmyra NY, where did the LDS move its members to?
4. When the saints arrived in Illinois, they settled in a swampy area in the west. They built a city called Nauvoo (City Beautiful). What was the site called previous to Mormon settlement?
5. While in Missouri the LDS members suffered heaps of persecution. Which of these events did not happen there?
6. Who was not in Carthage Jail when Joseph Smith was killed?
7. It was thought that if Joseph Smith was killed the Mormon church would fall apart. Who took lead of the church after the death of the prophet?
8. The Carthage grey were a militia group. They were responsible for the deaths in carthage jail. After leaving the jail they went on a rampage to find more Mormons to kill. Which Smith brother was killed in this attack?
9. Why were the Missourians so opposed to having Mormons in their territory?
10. At its height, Nauvoo had a population of approximately how many?
11. The first Mormon missionaries sent outside the US were sent to which country?
12. Brigham Young is often referred to as the American Moses.
13. Since settling in the Salt Lake area, the worldwide population of the church reached approximately how many people at the turn of the millennium (2000)?
14. Which of these is the correct order of LDS prophets?
15. Which of these lists is in the correct order?
Source: Author blinkin_au
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ArleneRimmer
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.