Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Joseph Smith founded Mormonism (officially the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) in 1830 -- but where does the word "Mormon" come from?
2. In February 1844 Joseph Smith announced his candidacy for President of the United States.
3. The Mormons were polygynous. What is polygyny?
4. In 1831, a year after 'The Book of Mormon' was published, how many people had converted to Mormonism?
5. Joseph Smith wanted to have a 'holy city' in America, but what did he want to call it?
6. What did Moroni tell Joseph Smith to find?
7. In what year did the Mormons leave Kirtland?
8. What is the official name of Mormonism?
9. When did Joseph Smith die?
10. Who took over the Mormons after Joseph Smith died?
11. Which of these words did nineteenth-century Mormons use for non-Mormons?
12. When is Pioneer Day?
13. When did the Mormons abandon polygamy?
14. In what year did the American government make a state that the Mormons wanted?
15. Do Mormons exist nowadays?
Source: Author jadeb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trammgr
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.