Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Christians and others recognize this as a season of joy celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Do you know one likely explanation on how Easter got its name?
2. At the last supper, Jesus announced that one of his disciples would betray him. The disciples then asked which one of them would betray him. According to Matthew's Gospel (GNB), how did Jesus indicate who was the betrayer?
3. After the Last Supper, Christ went with three of his apostles to the garden of Gethsemane to pray. While in prayer, Jesus begged his Father to take away the cup of crucifixion from him, although ultimately he agreed to God's will. According to Luke 22:44 of the KJV, Christ prayed so earnestly that his sweat fell like drops of what as it hit the ground?
4. Christ was arrested in Gethsemane after Judas identified him to the guards with a kiss. Jesus was taken as a prisoner to the high priest Caiaphas; there he was insulted and spit on. Next, Christ was brought before the Roman governor Pilate; Jesus was questioned while the people demanded that he must die. Pilate saw that Jesus did not deserve death and, in an attempt to satisfy the mob, had Christ scourged.
Which one Gospel of the four does not mention that Jesus was scourged?
5. Why did Pilate wash his hands of Jesus' crucifixion?
6. According to Matthew 27:27-31 (NKJV), the soldiers gathered round to mock Christ. They draped Him in a red robe, and put a reed in His right hand. What did they put on His head?
7. According to John 18:26-27 in the NIV Bible, a rooster crowed when Peter denied a third time he was a disciple of Jesus. Who did Peter make his final denial to?
8. In the King James Version of the Holy Bible, Jesus uttered these words while on the cross: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" What do they mean in English?
9. Joseph of Arimathea went to Pilate to ask Pilate that Jesus' body be given to him for burial. According to Mark 15:44 (NKJV), Pilate was surprised, and somewhat doubtful, that Jesus was already dead, and then consulted the centurion, who was able to confirm that Jesus was definitely dead. How could the centurion be so sure?
10. Does the story of Jesus' resurrection that is found in Matthew 28 of the NIV Bible actually say how long Jesus was in the tomb before he rose from the dead?
Source: Author star_gazer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.