Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Evagrius Ponticus placed gluttony as number one on his list of deadly temptations.
2. St. Thomas Aquinas named six ways that gluttony could be committed. Which option is not one of them?
3. What did St. Thomas Aquinas add to his food as a means of keeping himself from committing the sin of gluttony?
4. Monks in the time of St. Thomas Aquinas had a special room where they could go to commit gluttony without violating their oath against sin.
5. Sometime between AD 1308 and AD 1321, Dante Alighieri gave his vision of Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven in his "Divine Comedy". On which of the nine rings of Hell did Dante place the gluttonous?
6. According to Dante, while in Purgatory sinners must accomplish a certain task to be rid of their sin and ascend to Heaven. What was the task for gluttons?
7. In 1589, Peter Binsfeld published as book called "Binsfeld's Classification of Demons". Each sin was given a demonic lord. What was the name of gluttony's demon?
8. What animal symbolizes gluttony?
9. What color is symbolic of gluttony?
10. What heavenly virtue counteracts gluttony?
Source: Author animefreak1124
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.