Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A well known Bible story involves Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt when she disobeyed divine orders and looked back on the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Nevertheless, Lot and his daughters were able to safely escape from the destruction. How many daughters of Lot were able to escape with their father in the nick of time?
2. 1 Samuel 19 tells of Saul sending soldiers to kill a man who would eventually become king of Israel. However, Michal was able to save her husband's life by letting him down through a window so he could flee. What was the name of Michal's husband who made an escape in the nick of time?
3. Two Israelite spies were able to escape from Rahab's house in the nick of time when she let them down the wall of the city with a rope. In what city did Rahab, the famous prostitute, live?
4. A worker in the early church was in grave danger of being assassinated in Damascus but he managed to escape death when other followers of Jesus let him down through the city wall in a large basket. Who was the worker, as per Acts 9:23-25?
5. Scripture tells of Paul and two hundred seventy-five other people being on a storm tossed ship on the Mediterranean Sea for no less than fourteen consecutive days. Finally, the ship ran aground off an island and everyone made it safely to land, seemingly in the nick of time. Where did the shipwreck happen?
6. What member of the original Twelve Disciples was imprisoned and most likely facing execution when he was able to make a break to freedom in the nick of time?
7. Scripture tells of members of the original Twelve Disciples being tossed into jail. However, they were all able to make a break for a freedom after a highly unusual event. What highly unusual event resulted in the disciples gaining their freedom?
8. Acts 19:21-41 tells of an unruly mob in Ephesus seizing two workers in the early church and their future was very much in doubt. However, the two workers managed to escape the full wrath of the mob in the nick of time when an unnamed city clerk managed to calm everyone down. What was the name of the two church workers who were seized?
9. Luke 4:28-30 tells of a hostile multitude determined to kill Jesus by throwing Him over a cliff. However, Jesus miraculously evaded them by apparently becoming a phantom and passing through their midst. In what community was Jesus when He saved Himself in the nick of time?
10. The Gospel of Mark tells of a young man with a linen cloth on his body being apprehended in the Garden of Gethsemane, just after the arrest of Jesus. However, the man was able to break free and ended up fleeing from the scene naked. Going by Scripture, what was the man's name?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.