Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Passion story unfolds with an important Jewish festival as a backdrop. Which one?
2. When Jesus was arrested in the garden, one of disciples used a sword to attack the servant of the high priest. Which body part of the servant was struck, according to the Gospel of John?
3. During the meal, Jesus said that one of the apostles would publicly deny Jesus before the cock crowed. Which one?
4. After Jesus was captured, Judas seemed to regret betraying Jesus. He attempted to return the money he received but the high priests wouldn't return the money to the treasury. To what purpose did they put it instead?
5. When Jesus was brought before Pilate, Pilate seemed inclined to punish Jesus short of the death penalty. Who did Pilate ultimately choose to "release" upon encouragement of the crowd?
6. As Jesus moves towards Golgotha, the Gospels introduce a Cyrenian named Simon. What role does Simon play?
7. The Gospel of John (18:38) includes the quote, "What is truth?" Who asked this (perhaps rhetorical) question?
8. Jesus was not alone in being executed that day. How many others were also being executed at Golgotha?
9. Jesus died at about three in the afternoon on Friday. Who took the lead in arranging for Jesus's burial?
10. Easter Sunday is celebrated by Christians around the world as the day that Jesus rose from the dead. On that first Easter Sunday, according to the Gospel of Matthew, who was among the first group to be told that Jesus had risen?
Source: Author bernie73
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.