Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the atomic number of aluminum/aluminium?
2. What is the name of the ore from which the element aluminum/aluminium is mined?
3. In what year was pure elemental aluminum/aluminium first observed by a scientist?
4. What nationality was Hans Christian Oersted, the man who is credited with first isolating aluminum/aluminium into its pure elemental form?
5. Is aluminum/aluminium flammable in its pure elemental state?
6. Which comical music artist created a song entirely about aluminum/aluminium foil?
7. A replica of the Fallen Astronaut, a small sculpture made of aluminum/aluminium, is on display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Where was the original placed in 1971?
8. At one time utensils and jewelry made of aluminum/aluminium were more expensive than gold ones.
9. In a few old cartoons, what would happen to characters who ingested alum (aluminum/aluminium potassium sulfate)?
10. I have used both aluminum and aluminium as the element's name in this quiz. Which was declared to be the official name of the element by IUPAC in 1990?
Source: Author RedHook13
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.