Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Superfund for clean-up of hazardous waste sites is officially known by this acronym:
2. An urban area eligible for tax breaks and incentives for clean-up and redevelopment is a:
3. You would use _____ at a former gas station to encourage the growth of bacteria that break down petroleum products in the soil.
4. The process of repairing environmental damage to a site is termed:
5. An environmental investigation would NOT use the following to determine possible hazards on a property:
6. Asbestos which is crumbling is:
7. The government agency responsible for environmental oversight is the:
8. In 2001, this corporation was ordered to remove PCBs from the Hudson River in upstate New York.
9. As of Nov. 2001, the state with the most Superfund sites is:
10. What are landfills lined with to prevent pollution of surrounding groundwater?
Source: Author rlogelin
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.