Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Fear can manifest itself in easily noticeable bodily symptoms. Three of the below subjects were observed in a state of fear, the fourth was not. Which one is most likely the odd one out?
2. Which of the following is generally a normal, healthy type of fear?
3. Which of these emotions is NOT based on a form of fear?
4. Which of these correctly describes how the concept of fear develops in a human being?
5. A subject has experienced a terrible car crash while riding in a taxi and spent several weeks in hospital as a result. Afterwards, he does not develop a full-fledged phobia of cars but shows some mild avoidance behavior. Which would be an unlikely response?
6. One of the most dangerous expressions of fear is panic. What is the key element that defines an instance of fear as panic?
7. Imagine a car filled with five people speeding along the German Autobahn at a high velocity. Suddenly the driver has a heart attack and collapses back in his seat, leaving the vehicle without a driver. Of the other four, the passenger riding shotgun is the least likely to have a panic attack and likely the one who will personally experience the episode (should it end well) as least frightful. Which important aspect of fear situations ensures this?
8. Which degree of fear is most beneficial for the subject's ability to overcome a dangerous situation?
9. If you had a strong fear of heights and falling and wanted to reduce it, which of these would NOT be a helpful thing to do early on?
10. While fear is generally perceived as a negative, unpleasant emotion, people regularly and intentionally subject themselves to often intense fears (e.g. on thrill rides or during parachuting). What is the most important factor in making such fears an ultimately pleasant and exciting experience?
Source: Author WesleyCrusher
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.