Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Having intended to visit The Louvre in Paris, I now find myself in the Museo del Prado in Madrid instead. Which of these paintings can I view?
2. I'd bought a French flag ready for my original destination, but, luckily, the Spanish flag shares one of the colours so maybe I can adapt it. Which of these colours is common to the field of both the French and Spanish flags?
3. Had I reached Paris, as planned, I would have visited Notre Dame, but as I'm in Spain, I will view la Sagrada Familia instead. To which city will I need to travel to fulfil this new ambition?
4. At least I won't have any problems with currency, as both France and Spain use the euro. Prior to 2002, which currency would I have needed for Spain?
5. Being a lover of red wine, I had been looking forward to drinking Burgundy in France. Which Spanish wine could I drink as an alternative?
6. My plans to visit the Palais Garnier (Opéra de Paris) having been thwarted, I decide to attend Teatro Real instead. Which of these opera singers is NOT from Spain?
7. Both Spain and France are renowned for good food, so my detour via Spain should not cause me problems with meals. What will I be eating if I choose chorizo?
8. I had learned the words to the French national anthem, 'La Marseillaise', but will now have to quickly learn those of the Spanish anthem, 'La Marcha Real', instead. Why will this be less difficult than I expect?
9. My plan to visit the Musée National d'Art Moderne at the Pompidou Centre having failed, I decide to visit Spain's modern art collection at the museum in Bilbao. It shares its name with which New York museum?
10. My journey took its wrong turn in Andorra, which is situated in which mountain range, dividing France from Spain?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.