Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dice le "cards", that is, it says "cards". Help me by choosing the proper Italian word for "cards". Which of these is correct?
2. That incompetent Harry forgot to translate another word in my Italian language book on leisure activities. How should he have translated "theater"?
3. This time my translator left the words "board games" in English instead of translating them into Italian as he was supposed to. Perhaps I should have made it easier on him and called them "table games". How does an Italian say "table games"?
4. Some people like to dance for recreation. Some people swing dance. Some people line dance. Some people even do ballet. Unfortunately Harry Vaderci was too lazy to translate the word "dance" in my Italian language book so you have to do it for me. Which of the following means "dancing"?
5. Everyone likes a nice walk. How would you say "walk" in Italian?
6. For some people going shopping is a leisure activity. This holds true for Italian people, also, which is why I was chagrined (which is from the French word for "vexed") to see that "going shopping" was not translated in my Italian book of leisure activities. What is Italian for "going shopping"?
7. Fishing is another activity enjoyed by people around the world. How would you say "fishing" in Italian?
8. One very healthy leisure activity is bike riding. You wouldn't know that if you were reading the book Harry Vaderci was supposed to be translating into Italian for me even though the Italian word for bicycle is very similar to the English word. That is because old Harry doesn't know how to say "bike riding" in Italian. Do you?
9. Dice la "reading". Instead of "reading" what should it say in Italian?
10. I write quizzes for fun. Well, fun is not exactly the right word. The word I am actually looking for is torture. Be that as it may, there may be people somewhere who write quizzes for fun. How would you say "writing quizzes" in Italian?
Source: Author deputygary
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.