Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is the official name for the southern constellation that resembles a crucifix and also appears on the flags of some southern nations?
2. This constellation is the Latin name of a bird with a very large and sometimes colourful beak. This constellation is near the celestial south pole. Which of the following fits the bill?
3. Another constellation named after a bird is the answer to this question. The bird in question has a spectacular tail and is the national bird of India. Which of the following fits this description?
4. The solution to this question is another small constellation. Which constellation of the following is a very simple closed geometric shape with straight edges?
5. This faint southern constellation is named after an instrument that changed astronomy forever and is strongly associated with Galileo Galilei. Which of the following is named after this instrument?
6. The prefix connected to the number eight will help to solve this one. Which of the following constellations is found directly overhead at the south pole?
7. A constellation named after a colour-changing lizard which can look up and down at the same time is the answer here. Of the following, which constellation can you see best fitting the clue?
8. This constellation is named after a landmark that can be seen from Cape Town, South Africa. The smart choice for this question would be to choose an answer that reminds you of an elite club for people who score very well in I.Q. tests. Which answer do you think is the smartest?
9. Look closely, the nearest stars are found here. Which constellation of the following is named after a mythical creature that is half man, half horse?
10. The Latin for sails is the name of this constellation; the answer may be a reVelation to you as it does contain the False Cross. Which following choice will you select?
Source: Author Dave42007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.