Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these was identified as being the fifth vital sign in the early 2000s?
2. There are several assessment tools for pain. Which of the following is not one of them?
3. What is the name of the receptors that interpret pain?
4. Instruments used to measure pain intensity and sensitivity are known by which name?
5. A person having a heart attack often complains of shoulder pain. What is this type of pain perception called?
6. Which of the following medications is NOT used to decrease or alleviate pain?
7. Epidural anesthesia is a means of numbing the nerves to remove pain, and is most often associated which of these?
8. A machine which can help relieve the symptoms of pain is known by the acronym TENS. What does the letter N stand for?
9. In addition to rating pain using a variety of scales, what else should you evaluate regarding a person's pain?
10. When assessing nonverbal patients for pain, we rely on what resources?
Source: Author witchywoman26
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.