Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The large usually colorful triangular sail used while running with the wind is called the what?
2. Turning a sailboat so that the bow passes through the eye of the wind is known as what?
3. What is the name of the line which is used to raise or lower the sails?
4. When a sailboat is pointing directly into the wind and all forward momentum has ceased, the boat is said to be what?
5. When a sailboat "turtles" the boat, it is what?
6. Which of the following is not a type of sailboat?
7. A sailing vessel which is under sail usually has the right of way over all of the following except what?
8. You are returning to port after a day of sailing. Ahead of you is a channel marked by colored buoys. How should you enter the channel?
9. The lines which are used to control a sails direction in relation to the direction of the wind are called what?
10. Most sails have three corners. Which of the following is not the name of one of the corners?
Source: Author bsss
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.